It was with mixed emotions that we farewelled our Class of 2021. The year was different to predicted, taught us all to manage uncertainty better, and created memories we didn’t expect.
The class of 2021 should be so proud of how they persisted with their learning, maintained friendships and kept trying. Whilst their final day was not what they had envisaged many traditions continued, but perhaps one most valued by the students was simply time to be together, in person.
We thank the students for all they have contributed to the life of OLMC over their years here and wish them all the best as they conclude their secondary school journey.
We know they will have a huge, and positive, impact in the community as they move into the next phase of their lives.
ADF Future Innovators Award. Applicants must demonstrate motivation, innovation and achievement in a STEM related field
ADF Long Tan Award. It is designed to recognise students who show leadership and teamwork inside their College and in the local community. It is designed to acknowledge those who show strong values such as doing one’s best, respecting others and seeking to make a difference.
OLMC Past Pupil’s Award. This is awarded to a student who has demonstrated the spirit of Catherine McAuley through her dedication to making a difference in the wider community through compassion, competence and conscience and has demonstrated:
• an understanding of social justice in the wider community
• an ability to make a difference through service to others
• inspirational leadership as a role model for young women
Mercedes Hogan Award. Sr Mercedes was a past Principal of the College and many of you will recognise her name from the MHT and the image and quote at the front. She reminds us how far a little kindness can go. This award goes to a Year 12 who:
• Values learning
• Seeks to use all opportunities available to engage in learning about herself, other people and the world
• Is an independent learner and takes risk in her learning
• Is generous in sharing her learning with others
Commitment to OLMC Sport Award.
Commitment and dedication to sport, willingness to get involved, encourages others to be involved and try their best.
Jan Geason Award. This is awarded to a Year 12 who has displayed:
• Excellence in a variety of skills in performing arts disciplines
• Enthusiasm and consistent commitment to performing arts activities and events throughout her school life
• Excellent leadership skills when participating and organising school based performing arts events
•Generosity in sharing her talents and encouraging others
Duce Maria Award. It is awarded to a Year 12 who has displayed:
• Courage and perseverance
• An inclusive and hospitable attitude to others
• A spirit of working for the good of others and the school
• Being a good role model for other students