GSV WEEKLY SPORT
OLMC students achieved great success in Term 4 with a total of sixteen Basketball teams (one Senior, five Intermediate and ten Junior Teams) and two Cricket teams (one Senior and one Junior) competing against strong opposition throughout the six rounds of GSV Sport and then competing against the best of the best teams in the GSV finals.
Basketball teams (Senior, Intermediate and Junior)
- Eight teams won their Zone competition (three Intermediate and five Junior)
- Ten teams participated in GSV finals (four Intermediate and six Junior)
- Five teams were Runners Up (two Intermediate and three Junior)
Cricket Teams (Senior and Junior)
Both teams made it to the GSV Finals:
- Senior Team placed third overall in the GSV Competition
- Junior Team won the Zone Competition and played well in the finals to be 2022 GSV Junior Premiers - an amazing achievement.
Congratulations to all students involved and thank you to the many OLMC staff who enable our students to participate in the many GSV and various sporting opportunities throughout the year.
OLMC Students Excel in Athletics Victoria All Schools Championships
A special mention to five OLMC students who participated in the Athletics Victoria All Schools Track and Field Championships earlier this month, who all made it to the finals of their chosen events.
OLMC Finalists (Top 8 finishes):
- Emily McK. (7JBR)- U14 Shot Put, Discus, Javelin
- Chiara S. (8JSE)- U14 Hurdles
- Lula P. (7MMA) - U14 Hammer
- Jamieson. L (9DCH) - U16 200m Hurdles, 400m and 90m Hurdles
- Sugi N. (11LRJE) - U18 400m and 800m
The following OLMC students directly qualified for the Nationals team selection.
- Jamieson L. (9DCH) - U16 200 Hurdles
- Emily McK. (7JBR)- U14 Discus and Shot Put (U13 and eligible for same age group next year, and qualified for both primary (10 - 12 years) and secondary school (U14 - U18) Victorian teams)
We wish both Jamieson L. (9DCH) and Emily McK. (7JBR) every success at the National School Track and Field Championships in Adelaide, commencing on Friday 9 December 2022.